Dear Effective Teachers,
Have you done the following?
- Prepared a positive statement of expectations for your classroom (example, “All Children Can Learn”)
- Created a classroom where the climate communicates positive expectations
- Participated in a professional development class
- Set a personal goal of high expectations (for yourself)
Take out your Teacher Control Journal:
- Find a professional development classes online or offline — this applies to homeschoolers too
- Set a personal goal
- Think about what positive expectation you want to communicate.
- Create a poster bearing your new expectation. Hang it up where it can be seen by all!
Up Next, insha’Allah Dressing for Success
Previously, Why Positive Expectations are Important
Wong, Harry. The First Days of School. 2001.