Good control of the classroom is not achieved by using threats and intimidation. It means
- that you know what you’re doing
- that you know your classroom procedures
- that you know your professional responsibilities
- that you have everything ready
- that your students know that you know
Get out a spiral notebook especially for this series. Let’s call it a Teach the Teacher Journal.
Using your journal, spend some time making a list of the things you need. Include in this list “Classroom Procedures” and an “I’m Done” list of activities. We’ll work on those together inshAllah.
Up next, Create your own I’m Done list
Wong, Harry. “There is Only One First Day of School.” 2000. Teachers.net. Gazette. 4 Dec. 2009. <http://teachers.net/gazette/AUG00/wong.html>.