I just learned from other frugalistas that Amazon is offering the Kindle Book Reader program for the PC for absolutely free!
Its very simple to get it too. I just downloaded it! And, the Amazon site says that there are more than 360 THOUSAND book available for reading on your PC!
- First, download the software HERE (for Windows 7, Vista, and XP — MAC version coming soon).
- Then, go HERE and download free Kindle books!
- I sorted the Kindle list from Low to High here (Low to High List) so that all of the free books show up first!
To get your books loaded,
- you will need to scroll thru the list.
- Then click on the book title you want to download.
- After that, click the button on the far right of the screen.
Then you will be taken to another page that says:
- Click on the button below to open Kindle for PC and automatically download the book to your Home screen.
- You will need to click that button and your book will be dowloaded!
- A PC with a 500MHz Intel or AMD processor or faster
- At least 128MB of RAM
- Screen resolution of 800×600 or greater
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, or Windows Vista or Windows 7
- 100MB of available disk space