I got this in my mailbox and wanted to share:
Take advantage of Teacher Created Materials’ latest FREE webinar event—Building Vocabulary for Grades 1–8. Join us to learn a systematic approach using Greek and Latin prefixes, bases, and suffixes while focusing on building, reinforcing, and expanding familiar strategies.
Live Webinar: Building Vocabulary
Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2008
1–2 p.m. Pacific Time, 4–5 p.m. Eastern Time
3–4 p.m. Pacific Time, 6–7 p.m. Eastern Time
Presenters: Debby Murphy, M.Ed., Lori Kamola, M.Ed.
What you’ll learn:
- Ways to teach students how to break down words and create new words in a systematic way
- Helpful strategies for students to analyze word meanings and to use newly-learned vocabulary in different contexts
- Effective approaches for differentiation
- The use of games in teaching vocabulary
- How best to check student progress
- Tips to keep vocabulary lessons down to just 20 minutes
What is a Webinar? A webinar is a web-based session or workshop available from your computer. All you need is a phone, computer, and Internet connection. No special software is required.
Or call us at 800-858-7339 and we will answer your questions and sign you up!